Relic Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relic Space

A forum for tabletop gaming!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
What RPGs do you like to play?
D6 (Fantasy/Space, Star Wars)
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap14%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
D20 (Modern, M&M, Star Wars, True)
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap11%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
D&D 4e
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap7%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
D&D 3.5e/Pathfinder
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap18%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
Fate (Anglere, Diaspora, Icons)
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap11%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Savage Worlds
What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_lcap14%What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf, etc.)
 14% [ 4 ]
Other: Tell us more!
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jorgeo

jorgeo

What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Empty
PostSubject: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Caimonn was killed, and apparently so are any clues going back to Rad's creator and siblings currently being tortured in the Badlands.

Lady Oscar is missing but presumably OK.

Cynthia Shadowfox is angry but can not call in more favors to detain Mazith.

The circle of storm shamans will be congratulating Faust for calling in that massive lightning bolt.

Chrysanthe is due really really soon at the gates of Triant Tombfury's castle.

Aishe wants to kill every undead in the Tremblent.
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Don't forget that soon we'll be wanted for treason in Chedhurst for kidnapping and subterfuge!

I think Faust will use his new found clout with these storm shamans to negotiate some trade deals. We'll be able to use the deals if we have to negotiate with Tremblent and we can always deliver the trade deals to Chedhurst if negotiations with the vamps falls through.

Looks like we called the bluff on Lady Oscar when Tobin told the group about what was going on, though she may be suffering more as a result? All of which is driving Tobin insane (drunk?) with grief. That'd be my first choice of score to settle!!

I think traveling to the shadow realm with Chrysanthe in tow is a good idea. It'll stall the marriage while we try to find some undead-killing allies. Once we do this I'd like to propose a ludicrous plan: We send a simple magical message to Lady Oscar to deliver to her captors. Then we set up a trade of Chrysanthe for Lady Oscar with a meet up somewhere. Once all are there, we can try to pull a classic double-cross. Hopefully we'll be able to recruit enough allies to pull off the caper.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://relicspace.rpg-board.net
FlyingHaggis

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Works for me. So after Aishe apologizes to Rad and Faust finds out how useful the storm shamans might be, what's the next step? Find a way to my hometown in the Shadowfell? Twisted Evil We haven't been seeing any new damage or distress from Lady Oscar so she doesn't appear to be suffering.
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Faust: "I think a trip to the Shadowfell would be a fool-hardy endeavor! We'll be exposing ourselves needlessly to danger with little chance of success." Faust's eyes sparkle with excitement as his fingers rub thoughtfully at the stubble on his chin.

"But then I've never been to the Shadowfell before. I could make a few contacts while I'm there AND it might very well get us the allies we need to retrieve the poor Lady Oscar!" There is a small *whump* of air as the end of Faust's staff strikes the ground.

"Count me in!"

Out-of Character (OOC): So how the heck do we crossover to the shadowfell anyhow? Do we need to travel back to a Tremblent pool and/or use a ritual?
Back to top Go down
Tobin

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:44 pm

As long as Tobin gets plenty of moonlit dance sessions, she won't do anything....crazy...
DUN DUN DUN!!

As long as things don't worsen for Oscar, world-saving events can come first.
Back to top Go down
FlyingHaggis

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Reliquary wrote:
Out-of Character (OOC): So how the heck do we crossover to the shadowfell anyhow? Do we need to travel back to a Tremblent pool and/or use a ritual?

Jorge: any chance I learned the ritual from the gypsies that they use to travel between planes?

Even if we could use it, the downside to the Tremblent pool is that we don't know where it comes out. The Shadowfell is a big place and we need to target the city I'm from to have the best chance. We could also check with the Shamans to see if they're knowledgeable/powerful enough to do it or travel to a larger population center.
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Ooo good idea, I'll have Faust schmooze the shamans to see if they are capable of sending us there. Not sure what kind of price they may ask for that though.
Back to top Go down
FlyingHaggis

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:18 pm

You can offer to let them touch your staff...
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Its all about the mission, whatever sacrifices are required! Faust will make sure Mazith makes them... Cool
Back to top Go down
jorgeo

jorgeo

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm

FlyingHaggis wrote:
Jorge: any chance I learned the ritual from the gypsies that they use to travel between planes?

Right now those spells are currently outside our level of learning/casting (I forgot, you guys are prob Lvl 14 now), so you can't learn them until the appropriate level (need ritual casting feat, otherwise a successful skill check to successfully cast the ritual). It is possible to use one-time use ritual scroll, though, which doesn't have level restrictions, but their cost is the market price, and you still need to pay the component price when casting. Another option would be to find someone who can cast for you that knows the ritual (or you can buy it for them). Generally only one way per casting, though.

Sample rituals:

Planar Sending
Through your magic, you can communicate with creatures on other planes.
Level: 14
Component Cost: 700 gp
Market Price: 4,200 gp

View Location
The secrets of the world are yours to plumb, for your magically enhanced eyes can see into the king’s chambers, the wizard’s library, or the dragon’s cave.
Component Cost: 1,600 gp, plus focus worth 1,000 gp
Market Price: 4,200 gp
Level: 14

Create Teleportation Circle
You inscribe a ring of sigils on a stone surface, bestowing it with the power to connect with portals.
Component Cost: 1,000 gp per square filled by the teleportation circle, plus 5 healing surges
Market Price: 10,000 gp
Level: 15
Note: This is probably similar to what I'll use if you guys want to transform the pond into something else.

Planar Portal
You inscribe a circle of runes on the ground. The earth shakes as the portal blazes with magical energy. A hazy image of a distant world appears within the circle’s bounds.
Component Cost: 5,000 gp
Market Price: 17,000 gp
Level: 18

Plane Shift
Light flares around your vessel as it begins to cross the space separating planes, carrying you off to a new location.
Component Cost: 1,000 gp, plus a vehicle with a navigation focus
Market Price: 17,000 gp
Level: 18

True Sending
Your mental voice can reach anywhere and everywhere, across planar boundaries or within them.
Component Cost: 4,000 gp
Market Price: 25,000 gp
Level: 20
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:57 pm

So it looks like while speaking with the Shamans Faust should be able to find a Wizard powerful enough to cast a Planar Portal for us to get to the Shadow fell. To get back we should purchase a scroll of the same ritual. That'll just cost us 22,000 GP plus whatever the Wizard wants to charge us for casting! Do we have that much? In retrospect we totally should have made bets on ourselves for the arena fight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded   What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do after defeating Caimonn the Blooded
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Relic Space :: RPG Campaigns :: Aeon Zen-
Jump to: