Relic Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relic Space

A forum for tabletop gaming!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
What RPGs do you like to play?
D6 (Fantasy/Space, Star Wars)
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap14%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
D20 (Modern, M&M, Star Wars, True)
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap11%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
D&D 4e
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap7%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
D&D 3.5e/Pathfinder
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap18%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
Fate (Anglere, Diaspora, Icons)
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap11%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Savage Worlds
[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_lcap14%[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf, etc.)
 14% [ 4 ]
Other: Tell us more!
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Empty
PostSubject: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 am

Post your reviews and opine here on the new game! Think WHF3e but lots of tweaks for SW. I'm intrigued but as are all Saga/D6 star wars fans, highly skeptical.
Back to top Go down
https://relicspace.rpg-board.net
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am

Looks like there is an Android App for the special dice rolls, if you don't want to waste the time trying to put stickers on a set of dice. It is $4.99. Not sure if there is a version for iOS, or not. EDIT: Looks like there is an app for that on the iOS.

Unfortunately, just like WoTC licensing agreement with LucasArts, FFG's licensing agreement won't let them publish the books in PDF. It seems to me that it would have been more effective to release the BETA rules PDF for free alongside the paid print copy, similar to what Paizo did with the Pathfinder playtest. My understanding, though, is that the Beta rules are nearly complete, and they don't expect to make anything more than editorial fixes. So I guess it will just be a second copy to pass around the table once the final version is released.

What does everyone think of their release schedule, or the fact that initially they are concentrating on the Rebellion era?
Back to top Go down
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 am

I went ahead and bought the android dice app. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with my phone, but it does work my nook tablet (to be replaced shortly with a toshiba thrive). It will work for not only Star Wars, but also their new X-wing game too. It also rolls all the standard polyhedral dice as well, so can easily work as a general dice roller, as well. Sound effects are pretty cool, too.

-Chris
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Alrighty, I picked up the beta from Jerad yesterday afternoon and have been perusing it last night and today. I must say I am pleasantly intrigued by their system. It seems to have all of the mechanics I look for an RPG. Rather than having rules to reference for all the various conditions and modifiers we normally look up and apply to rolls in our other RPGs, this system has you add a relevant die instead that adds, modifies, or does not affect your roll. A similar trend to what I've been following on the various OpenD6 design discussions and new indie-game releases, brilliant!

Now to read up on the system, gather a group of play-test monkies, make some characters, and head for adventure in the outer rim!! study
Back to top Go down
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Reliquary wrote:
Alrighty, I picked up the beta from Jerad yesterday afternoon and have been perusing it last night and today. I must say I am pleasantly intrigued by their system. It seems to have all of the mechanics I look for an RPG. Rather than having rules to reference for all the various conditions and modifiers we normally look up and apply to rolls in our other RPGs, this system has you add a relevant die instead that adds, modifies, or does not affect your roll. A similar trend to what I've been following on the various OpenD6 design discussions and new indie-game releases, brilliant!

Now to read up on the system, gather a group of play-test monkies, make some characters, and head for adventure in the outer rim!! study

I'd definitely be interested, depending on the night, of course. I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive.

-Chris
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:56 pm

I just got the iPad app for the dice roller. The sound effects are eminently amusing! I like it. Smile

I found the char gen to be fun and customizable. I was happy to see the 'force sensitive exile' talent tree!

You get base attributes from your species as well an amount of XP to spend later. Once you select your career and specialization (which net you skill ranks) you then get to spend xp to raise attributes, skills, and purchase talents from your talent tree(s). Once players have made their characters the group then gets to choose and modify somewhat their starting ship as well as designate the primary pilot. Obligations and motivations provide mechanics that help to serve story telling and character development but not slavishly so. All in all very cool!
Back to top Go down
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Yay!!! My book just shipped today. santa Now more waiting...

-Chris
Back to top Go down
Reliquary
Admin
Reliquary

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Good thing you got your order in when you did Chris, beta is all sold out now!
Back to top Go down
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Reliquary wrote:
Good thing you got your order in when you did Chris, beta is all sold out now!

I'm not surprised. I had heard that they only printed 5000 copies. I wonder when they are going to start popping up on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars.

lol! I did a quick ebay search, and so far, all I'm finding up there so far are copies of Star Wars on Betamax.

EDIT: I take it back, I found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-Chris
Back to top Go down
darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 pm

In case anyone was wanting a copy, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some lucky people got their copies up on ebay before this guy, and I saw at least one for go more than 100 bucks.

So has anyone bought blank dice for the stickers? Joe at 31st had everything but the d12's when I was there a few weeks ago. I need to have him get the d12's in for me, too.

-Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!   [Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out! Empty

Back to top Go down

[Fantasy Flight Games] Star Wars RPG beta play-test is out!
Page 1 of 1